Race the Narrows
July 15, 2023, 9:00 am
Can you Race the Narrows?
Join us for a fun two mile recreational race through the Narrows Bay and up Pattersquash Creek in the small town of Mastic Beach on the South Shore of Long Island. All self powered craft are welcome and there will be different heats for crafts and ability. Races are for 14+. The race ends in Bayview Park where we’ll be celebrating with Bash by the Bay — an afternoon of music, food and activities for kids. All proceeds will go to support the Mastic Beach Conservancy’s mission to create a beautiful six mile contiguous waterfront park.
Saturday, July 15th, 2023
8:30am – 12pm (rain or shine!)
Check-in: 8:30-9:30am/ Races: 9:30am-12pm
Followed by Bash by the Bay from 11am-3pm
- Distance is approximately 2 miles
- All levels welcome: singles, teams, 14+
- All paddle-craft are welcome: kayaks, canoes, paddleboards and more
- End of race festivities at Bayview Park: Bash by the Bay
- Food, drinks, music at the finish line
- Kids games, crafts, and information from local environmental groups
Donation & Fees:
- $50 to participate in the race
- Free to attend Bash by the Bay at Bayview Park
- You may pay the full amount or gather 2-4 sponsors at $10-$25 each from your community
- Pay $75 and become a Mastic Beach Conservancy member!
Please register your craft with Paddleguru. No same day entries will be allowed.
All proceeds go to support Mastic Beach Conservancy.